@beautyandtheskin 80% of skin damage and wrinkles come from the sun's UV rays. And one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime. Friends don't let friends leave the house without sunscreen. So lather up that broad spectrum SPF 30+ and try to stay in the shade from 10am - 2pm. It doesn't last forever so don't forget to reapply every 2-3 hours. Lazy? Try the Coola Setting Spray! 😉
Ahhh it is finally up. Watch my video on how my customized lipstick "kitty kat meow meow" was created at the BITE Lip Lab in New York City with Lipstick Technician Pearl. Melissa, Alison, and I had such a memorable experience that I recommend it to anyone that is going to New York City that is in love with beauty & makeup. Check out my Youtube video below.
After returning from NYC with about 20 Tony Moly I'm Real mask sheets, I became obsessed with Korean skin care and beauty products. I have tried the Moisturizing, Skin Smoothing, and Skin Purifying mask sheet which retails for $3.75 - $4 a piece. I gifted my friends the Pore Cleansing and Brighting mask and they said it did wonders for their pores and dull skin after just one mask. If you want to try them in the States you can pick them up at your nearest Ulta.
Now that I am hooked... I branched out to the Tony Moly Goat Milk Moisture mask sheet (which is my favorite because I have dry skin) and also to a brand called The Aqua Mask Sheet.
It is super easy to use and feels like a treat after a long day of school or work. So get on the couch with your glass of wine, slap on your mask sheet and put on that show that you have been binge watching for weeks.
Here are some tips on how to use a mask sheet:
1. Cleanse your face and tone. You want all of the ingredients to sink into your skin.
2. Tear open the bag and apply the sheet mask directly onto your face. You will be able to see where to place it because the mask will have holes for your eyes, nose, and mouth. #selfietime
3. With the leftover liquid/essence still in the bag, lather it all over your neck and décolleté. You may need a small towel just incase anything drips.
4. Relax for 20 - 30 minutes. This is my time to catch up on Game of Thrones.
5. Discard the mask and do not wash your face. Just pat the excess essence on your skin.
6. Apply moisturizer and admire your plump and glowing skin.
* Use a sheet mask 1-2x a week for better results.
Good luck on your journey to healthy skin.
The Makeup Show | Metropolitan Pavilion
Korea Town | Tony Moly
I see it all the time from my clients... dry and dehydrated skin before their special day! With makeup on top of the dehydrated lines, it starts to look like wrinkles. AHH a makeup artists worst NIGHTMARE! It is extremely important to have beautiful skin before ones wedding day... Why? Because a smooth and hydrated canvas enhances makeup 100x.
Here 5 tips to follow in the weeks leading up to the big day!
1. Exfoliate | Use a gentle exfoliation mask or cleanser 2-3x a week to slough off those dead skin sells and reveal your natural glow. If you don't have one, try using your cleanser at home and an exfoliation pad like the one I reviewed from Sephora. If your lips are also dry and cracked, try using a damp wash cloth and rub gently in circular motions.
2. Nourish | Apply a pea-sized amount of moisturizer to your face and eye cream every night. Even if you have oily skin, it may still be dehydrated from intrinsic and extrinsic damage and need some tender love and care.
3. Protect | Use an SPF moisturizer or BB Cream on your face, neck, and décolleté every morning to protect your skin from sun damage. About 80 percent of skin aging is caused by UV rays from the sun.
4. Hydrate | Drink lots of water leading up to your wedding day. The common recommended amount is eight 8-ounce glasses. Bye bye dehydration lines!
5. Rest | I know the weeks leading up to your wedding day are super stressful. You stay up all night making checklists in your head and have nightmares about things that could possibly go wrong. Trust me, this happened to me while planning my sisters wedding. It is super important to get your beauty rest. Strive for approximately 7-8 hours a night and you will feel like a normal human being in no time.
Goodluck my brides!
Edited by Taylor Anderson