I see it all the time from my clients... dry and dehydrated skin before their special day! With makeup on top of the dehydrated lines, it starts to look like wrinkles. AHH a makeup artists worst NIGHTMARE! It is extremely important to have beautiful skin before ones wedding day... Why? Because a smooth and hydrated canvas enhances makeup 100x.
Here 5 tips to follow in the weeks leading up to the big day!
1. Exfoliate | Use a gentle exfoliation mask or cleanser 2-3x a week to slough off those dead skin sells and reveal your natural glow. If you don't have one, try using your cleanser at home and an exfoliation pad like the one I reviewed from Sephora. If your lips are also dry and cracked, try using a damp wash cloth and rub gently in circular motions.
2. Nourish | Apply a pea-sized amount of moisturizer to your face and eye cream every night. Even if you have oily skin, it may still be dehydrated from intrinsic and extrinsic damage and need some tender love and care.
3. Protect | Use an SPF moisturizer or BB Cream on your face, neck, and décolleté every morning to protect your skin from sun damage. About 80 percent of skin aging is caused by UV rays from the sun.
4. Hydrate | Drink lots of water leading up to your wedding day. The common recommended amount is eight 8-ounce glasses. Bye bye dehydration lines!
5. Rest | I know the weeks leading up to your wedding day are super stressful. You stay up all night making checklists in your head and have nightmares about things that could possibly go wrong. Trust me, this happened to me while planning my sisters wedding. It is super important to get your beauty rest. Strive for approximately 7-8 hours a night and you will feel like a normal human being in no time.
Goodluck my brides!
Edited by Taylor Anderson